Do you do your child's homework?

I remember when my daughter was in 2nd grade there were several parents who did their projects for them. It was very obvious. Many of the moms freely admitted it.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• No way! I'll help if they ask but I leave it all up to them, they prefer it that way too.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• When hell freezes over. If I did their homework they'd never learn to do it themselves. Any teacher who gives a good grade on homework obviously not done by the student isn't doing the students any favors either. I never miss a teachable moment when the kids have questions or don't understand but I don't give them the answers.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Hell no, I supervise them, help them if they get stuck, but I don't do their homework. I already had the teacher of my 1st grader send me a classmate's notebook, so that I could see how neatly he did his homework as opposed to my son (I know, I hate her guts, what an idiot!), who's somewhat messy. Well, hello? Even I could see that kid's homework was mostly done by his mom. My son's maybe be a bit messy when it's about cutting and pasting, or his handwriting may still be sloppy, but at least HE made it, it's HIS work. How can I expect to know what he can do and where he needs help if I'm the one doing it?
    That teacher has been rubbing me the wrong way since that day, the moron
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• If there is a school project you can bet that every parent has a hand in it at our school. I could never leave the work entirely to my child because it isn't a level playing field for the grading unfortunately. However, I try to have my child come up with their own ideas and I really try not to completely take over on the projects, but I admit I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the school assignments.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2013

• I've done my DD's homework many times.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 7:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Most mothers would rather see there child be praised for the work they have done for there child, instead of giving them the chance to fail because of work they did them selfs.
    lost_confused

Answer by lost_confused at 6:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2013