When is infant Tylenol safe to give?

My son is almost six months old and the past couple weeks he will not sleep at night. He's very restless wakes up every hour or two and is just not himself. How do I k ow when to give him him tylenol? I think he could be teething. When do I give Tylenol? I feel like a bad mom when I give him Tylenol at night please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try googling Tylenol dosage chart. That should help.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• He could be going through a growth spurt - do you feed him when he wakes up? Could be an ear infection, could be teething like you said too. I see nothing wrong with giving a dose once in a while (don't make it a nightly habit!) if it helps, because I did the same thing at that age, as long as nothing else was wrong.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Acetaminophen (Tylenol) Infant drops are for children 0-36 months. You administer the dosage by how much the child weighs. The directions are on the box. I would call your Pediatrician first though & ask their opinion. But I really would NOT give it to a teething baby. It should be used as a fever reducer or when they get vaccinations occasionally. You really just have to wait out the teething thing and comfort them as necessary. It may also be a growth spurt like a previous poster said or even gas bubbles. keep the baby upright for a 1/2 hour after feeding & get good burps out.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• when your doctor says it's ok.... call and ask!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I have been giving my son 0-12 month tylenol since he was three months and the pharmacist said to give him to the 2 on the syrange thingy and it has never been a problem, but weight and age mix into how much to give them so call your local pharmacist and ask them.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Ask his pediatrician
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2014