Sweetbay

in your shopping experiences there, have you noticed how a lot of the food's marked expiration dates are just a week or so after you buy the product?

i shopped there last sunday. i know they're prices are cheaper than publix, so i wanted to try it. i didn't really check the dates because i'm used to everything being fresh from publix.

well, i bought a jumbo pack of hotdogs, and they expire the 21st! that's faster than the hotdogs that i still had leftover from when i bought them at publix WEEKS before this, which don't expire til mid february. i was a little pissed because we're not going to eat 18 hot dogs in a week.

the same with the bread, and a few other things i bought.

what gives? is this why their prices are so much cheaper??

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Idk...but I did want to say your avatar pic looks great! That is you, right?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I'd say yes, that's probably why they are cheaper.

You could repackage the hot dogs and freeze the ones you haven't eaten - they'll be fine if you freeze them before the date. At least those won't go to waste then.

I shop at Publix, even though it's a bit more expensive, because I've only rarely had a problem with food I bought there, and the few times I did buy something that was bad or expired, they exchanged it or refunded my money with no hassle at all. That's worth it to me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• LOL! yes dull, its me :) thank you!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• i think ill continue shopping at publix. i agree the food and customer service is better there!
    tnm786

• Those markets are not in my area.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2013