Have you cut out processed foods??

What steps have you taken towards clean eating? What do you make from scratch?

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Food & Drink

• http://www.feingold.org/

sorry can not make clicky

have followed this elinamtion diet for daughter (and me) for a few years
    if she goes to a friends, if she comes home crazy in the mind, i can tell if she has had dyes 

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• sidesplittinglaughter No. I love my shit!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• not much. ive cut out convience foods: meat thats already cooked, cut up, & flavored, packets of flavored oatmeal, fruit in jars...but that has more to do with the cost than for health reasons. i make very few things completely from scratch...its just not a good use of my time.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I eat cleaner than I used to, but in no way am I trying to eat clean. My clean eating is mostly a way for me to cut grocery costs, not necessarily get healthier. I love to bake bread from scratch, but I have to be in the mood. I've cut out those canned cream of crap soups, and now make it homemade before using it in recipes.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• We don't eat completely clean. We like pasta and I'm not that good at making it, so it's more time effective for me to buy it. Same for tortillas. I just make sure that I buy things with the fewest ingredients.

I bake a lot from scratch - bread, cookies, muffins. I make yogurt, butter, cheese and ice cream. Sauces and salsas too. We have almost always made soups from scratch because we keep kosher and a lot of canned soups are no where near kosher.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• ive stopped going to fast food joints. we went to mcdonalds last sunday and it was the first time in months.

we cut out sodas.

other than that, i still buy some processed foods. im trying to make more things from scratch though. i didnt buy any premade cookie doughs over the holiday, i made them all myself. i make all baked goods from scratch.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• We have cut it out by at least 60-70% depending on what you consider to be processed food. We do buy cereals and cereal bars but they are HFCS and usually dye free and I also buy most of our bread and pasta. We do frozen pizzas every now and then and we do eat out some. But I try to home cook out lunches and dinners 6 out of 7 night and out lunches on weekends though I will include boxed pasta most nights. I try to avoid frozen dinners, canned soups, prepackaged dry meals, canned meals, HFCS and dyes as much as possible within our budget.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• butterflyblue19 That is sick , take two prunes and call me in the morning .. As far as myself have not had can goods in awhile . Farmers Market in 10 minutes
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2013

• we are working on it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Their is no way I am going to cook everything from scratch. I am a lazy cook.

Answer by louise2 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2013