Which phone company is best in your opinion?

my contract with At&t is up and im done dealing with them. I don't know which company to go to or if doing a "pay as you go" "plan" is better. I'm looking for a cheaper company, all i want is to be able to call people and text. I don't care about the internet usage. I'm just looking for opinions before i go out and aimlessly finding another company. Looking for a good place to start at. OH and i will need a family plan of at least 3 phones (if that helps)

shanaynaycowell

Asked by shanaynaycowell at 1:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Money & Work

• For me it's been AT&T (I have a pre-paid smartphone through them). Verizon, Straight Talk, Net 10, Tracfone, T-Mobile, etc. have all been terrible and way overpriced for what you get, not to mention the worst customer service ever. AT&T has been amazing for me, my mom, my sister, etc.

Have you talked to other people in your area to see what they think is best? "The best" phone company tends to vary based on where you live (around here most people say it's Verizon because they/Alltel were the only ones with towers in our area for years).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• T Mobile

Answer by louise2 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Virgin mobile is not the best but it works for me. I just use it for calls and sometimes texts and pay $30/month
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I hate At & T but they are probably the best service but NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE (they suck at that).
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• your right Mrs.BAT for us it was AT&T for the longest time, ive been with them for many years now. I am just tired of them mainly because they are always messing up our account and always "loosing" our monthly payments (its weird, how do they loose a payment almost every other month?!) I was kinda hoping another company would have put up more towers closer to us (still am) and am ready to jump on any company that is lol. ill be sure to talk to T mobile and Virgin mobile to see if they reach us, thank you everyone for the help
    shanaynaycowell

Comment by shanaynaycowell (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• ATT
    ymilr0718

Answer by ymilr0718 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• You'd need to look at coverage area maps for your area and where you plan on traveling. My family and I have been with Sprint for over 10 years. I like the everything plans, nowhere else do they include everything into one price -
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• I used to be with AT&T back when they were Edge wireless (unless it was just my area that was Edge). I was very very happy with them for the longest time because the nights and weekends started at 7pm rather than 9pm, and rollover minutes meant never babysitting coverage. When AT&T bought Edge everything went downhill-I spent countless hours trying to switch as I had to deal with a different representative b/c I had a discount with my employer, they tried to charge me a $700 deposit too. And I'm thinking "THIS is what I get for being loyal for 5 years?????" We were also in an area with bad coverage.

We ended up switching to Verizon b/c we live in a rural area where the cheaper phone providers do not always have coverage-PLUS I like top of the line phones (and make sure to get them free to boot). Coverage is great, unlimited talk, text, 2gb (maybe mb, not sure) of data which we come nowhere close to using, due to wifi
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 9:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2013