I have the flu and am so anxious, please help me feel better

I am naturally an anxious person but this dizzy spacey feeling makes me so scared.....can you girls that had the flu tell me that this is normal and I'll be ok! Only positive feedback please!!!! :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Health

• You will be ok! Relax!

Answer by louise2 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Feel better soon!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• It's normal. Go lay down and rest.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• There is something called the zpack they are 5 antibiotics made to fight the flu, they are great, ask your doctor for a prescription...

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• take some rest. hope you will feel better soon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Older...she gave me tamiflu but it made me sick....she said take the amoxicillin that she originally gave me....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Keep hydrated but it's normal. Try to hang in there and just cope with the dizzy feeling because it's part of the bug.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Z -pack is Zithromax. It's not 5 different antibiotics, it's one. It treats certain bacterial infections, and your Dr would know which one is best to treat what you have. If it's not bacterial, then you shouldn't take antibiotics.
    Tamiflu is not an antibiotic, it's an antiviral medication to treat the flu, which is a virus, not a bacterial infection.

Drink plenty of fluids, get rest, and relax, it will be over soon, and you'll be back to normal before you know it. Maybe watch a movie, or read a book, or take a nap. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Mrsleftlane..she put me on antibiotics because of my cough and congestion just incase I have two things going on....thanks for all your input guys!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I got through it without taking anything. I was very dizzy too & when my fever spiked I got very nauseous. I took Advil every time I felt my fever going up & felt much better. Just drink plenty of water & get as much sleep as you can. It took about a week & 1/2 for me to feel better but now I have a gagging cough & I still have a sore throat. It's not easy to be that sick & take care of children & feed them 3 meals a day & snacks. I know how you feel. Just hang in there & this too shall pass.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2013