What does "gun control" mean to you?

Gun control can mean a variety of things to different people. So what is gun control to you. Do you want everyone not to have guns? Do you feel its only the guns that shoot multiple ammunition. I think they keep on saying they are assault weapons but regular rifles I think can be turned into that so that is why I put forth the question.

I believe in the right to bear arms. I grew up around guns and have gone shooting when I was younger and I hope to take a safety class real soon.

I think gun control is being miss interpreted by some so please response in your view of "gun control"

Thank you.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 4:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• To regulate or control the sale of guns.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Taking our right to bear arms away. They are trying to take my guns away.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Or, holding a gun in such a way that your shots are more accurate. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• To me is putting a ban on mass destruction weapons and regulate who gets a gun period! this new law will not take away the right for anyone to have a low caliber gun for protection...

Answer by older at 4:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• you break into my house, I have a gun which means I AM IN CONTROL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• See, some people see it as a regulation and they do not want to take away anyones guns away but some see it as going into the house and the government trying to disarm us(the american citizen). so that is why I put forth the question. So to control and regulate the sales of guns but that is only going to disarm those that are law abiding and going through the process legally and even then how does that prevent anything?
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Not having guns you are not actively using for personal defense and/or hunting
    "collecting" weapons (stockpiling)
    Overkill type weapons,the ones that would turn someone to swiss cheese
    Not being able to buy weapons when you are a felon or mentally ill,and not allowing anyone to walk in to a gun store(show) and walk out with a weapon

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• guns are not the only thing that can cause mass destruction. Timothy mcveigh...remember him...he used I think alot of house hold items. I have to look them up but anyways, guns are not the only thing that can cause mass destruction.
    pmsmom10, I love your answer...that was good. anyways, I know this is a very serious and passionate topic on both sides.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• butterflyblue, so you want noone to own a gun at all? please clarify? I think most felons don't buy their guns legally though. Mentally ill, that is a fine line because people that are mentally ill can have different things so which mental illness can you say depression? It's a very fine line you are crossing and alot of people with mental illness can hide it or they are not in the system for mental illness and so then there you go you are just preventing nothing really because then those that are mentally ill and never commited a crime can not get a gun and then those that never been classified get the gun and shoot people some where. so I am just putting it out there.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2013