What does "gun control" mean to you?

Gun control can mean a variety of things to different people. So what is gun control to you. Do you want everyone not to have guns? Do you feel its only the guns that shoot multiple ammunition. I think they keep on saying they are assault weapons but regular rifles I think can be turned into that so that is why I put forth the question.

I believe in the right to bear arms. I grew up around guns and have gone shooting when I was younger and I hope to take a safety class real soon.

I think gun control is being miss interpreted by some so please response in your view of "gun control"

Thank you.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 4:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Exactlly kmath! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• The ability to control my gun when I am aiming at your head as you break into my home..... Good enough??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Enforcing the laws we already have instead of feeding paranoia by inventing 200 new ones that also will not be enforced on criminals, but will inconvenience law abiding citizens.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• This is the problem the government is way too big. Right now it is the government wanting to take what they call "assault rifles" but we do know there are people in office who would like to remove all guns. What is going to stop them in the future when a precedent is already set to take some of the guns away.  The federal government is suppose to protect out country NOT to make laws that is the responsibility of the states. Who is to say that the next person in office comes along and takes all guns away.  It is NOT going to solve anything other than to disarm the people and to keep them from defending themseleves against a corrupt government.

Anonymous

• that legal guns are registered to mentally sane citizens, with no violent criminal past, who have been taught the proper procedures & safety of owning a gun(s). not necessarily a class, but can prove they know what they are doing. to me it does NOT mean disarming average citizens or taking away ppl's collections (unless they are unstable).

and that we focus on cutting down on those running/selling guns illegally instead of making things ridiculously complicated for average citizens.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Gun control means the regulation and control of the sale & ownership of guns. I agree with that.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I am not a big fan of guns; but I do believe in our constitutional rights to bear arms. Gun control is not the solution. Take away all the normal people's guns, and let the crooks buy them on the black market to shoot the average citizen with. Not to bright. It's like Marijuana; it's never just going to go away because you make some bill or regulation that it should. The answer is so simple: Build a high brick wall around the schools with sensors that alert the police if they are tampered with. Put one gate in and out of the school with a metal detector and an electronic eye that shows every person walking through that gate on camera. If a perp walks through with a weapon, the alarm sounds, the school automatically locks down, the police are immediately alerted, and you got the sucker on camera before he ever did any damage. The alarms alone, would scare the crap out of him and he'd be trying to run away.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• "To me is putting a ban on mass destruction weapons and regulate who gets a gun period..."Older

When I think of WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION I do NOT think guns., I think nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons. Why do you even think to put firearms in the same category as WMD? Doesn't matter how you word it as you put it older, its still WMD. And to me it tell me you are simply uneducated about firearms.  

Does that look like like fucking gun to you?

A muzzle blast?

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

•  

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2013