What does "gun control" mean to you?

Gun control can mean a variety of things to different people. So what is gun control to you. Do you want everyone not to have guns? Do you feel its only the guns that shoot multiple ammunition. I think they keep on saying they are assault weapons but regular rifles I think can be turned into that so that is why I put forth the question.

I believe in the right to bear arms. I grew up around guns and have gone shooting when I was younger and I hope to take a safety class real soon.

I think gun control is being miss interpreted by some so please response in your view of "gun control"

Thank you.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 4:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Enforcing the laws we already have instead of feeding paranoia by inventing 200 new ones that also will not be enforced on criminals, but will inconvenience law abiding citizens.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• The ability to control my gun when I am aiming at your head as you break into my home..... Good enough??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Or, holding a gun in such a way that your shots are more accurate. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• To regulate or control the sale of guns.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• you break into my house, I have a gun which means I AM IN CONTROL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Not having guns you are not actively using for personal defense and/or hunting
    "collecting" weapons (stockpiling)
    Overkill type weapons,the ones that would turn someone to swiss cheese
    Not being able to buy weapons when you are a felon or mentally ill,and not allowing anyone to walk in to a gun store(show) and walk out with a weapon

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Exactlly kmath! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• "To me is putting a ban on mass destruction weapons and regulate who gets a gun period..."Older

When I think of WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION I do NOT think guns., I think nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, biological weapons. Why do you even think to put firearms in the same category as WMD? Doesn't matter how you word it as you put it older, its still WMD. And to me it tell me you are simply uneducated about firearms.  

Does that look like like fucking gun to you?

A muzzle blast?

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• To me is putting a ban on mass destruction weapons and regulate who gets a gun period! this new law will not take away the right for anyone to have a low caliber gun for protection...

Answer by older at 4:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013