Anxiety!! Have you ever had a bad bout and panick you are going crazy?

Tell me you understand and that I'm not!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Health

• In my early 20's (30 years ago) I had panic attacks frequently. I literally thought I was going to die. My heart would beat so fast and so hard I was sure my heart would explode. I would go to the emergency room, they would pat me on the head and tell me there was nothing wrong with my heart. It got to the point that when It would happen, I didn't bother going to the emergency room, I would breath deep and slow until my heart slowed down. Eventually they went away. Years later I heard someone on TV describing what I went through, and called it panic attacks. Finally I had a name for what I was experiencing. You do feel like you are crazy, everyone is telling you it's just in your head. Well, yes in a way it is in your head, that doesn't mean we don't need help! Except for being told I needed to calm down, I wasn't given any treatment. I hear they have treatment now. I reccomend you go to a doctor, and ask for some help.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 5:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2013