Have you ever had a broken window in your house?

I know it will vary widely based on quality of the window, location and size but just trying to get an idea - how much did it cost to replace it and what size was the window?

Asked by missanc at 4:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• 2' x 4' window in my house was broken.. single pane cost $165 to replace.

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Were you planning to replace the whole window? Is there something wrong with the casing? You can get it re-glazed if the frame is in good shape.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• On average, it would be around $175 to reglaze a 2' x 3' double pane window.

• yes. We spent $100.00 on the kitchen window single pane and $90.00 on a bedroom window which was also single pane. Both were covered under our homeowners insurance. they were also pretty good size. Don't remember off the top og my head how big.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• We have 3 broken right now - but all are double pane and only 1 pane broke, so we're waiting. Sorry that doesn't help you though.

Answer by idareyou at 8:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes a bedroom window. I was mowing the lawn and hit a rock that flew up and hit the window. It cost $160 to replace.

Answer by booklover545 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2013