Is anyone else crazy about anti-aging?

I am 25 years old. I smoked and drank... a lot! In my younger years. I quit smoking and barley drink anymore about 3 years ago because I got pregnant, married and so fourth.

I am happily married to my husband and have two wonderful boys under three years old. I love my husband very much, but he is a typical man and (unknowingly) makes me feel pretty self conscience about myself. I don't think he means it but its a sensitive subject for me.

Recently, I have been pretty addicted to anti-aging creams, ointments, cellulite creams, I no longer tan in a tanning bed for fear of wrinkles. I'll try anything to keep me looking youthful. I am wondering if its all in my head. I am starting to get very obsessive about my weight, my teeth, my skin, everything and my paranoia seems to be getting worse. I don't want to turn into a person with body dysmorphic disorder , or anything worse.

My question is.... at my age is this normal? I know I should be caring for myself to a certain degree, but to the extent of this?

Has anyone else been through this?

Asked by raschwittay at 6:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Seriously?! At 25, unless you were smoking crack, & laying in the sun 24/7, then maybe you'd look 30 or 35... that's just so ancient {sarcasm} Just take care of yourself now, w/ a good diet, exercise, plenty of water & moisturizer. You're never too young to start moisturizing your skin. But don't go to the extreme b/c believe me, these are the best years of your life! Don't spend them 2nd guessing yourself - ENJOY THEM!

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Hun, worry about this when you turn 50 not now!

Answer by older at 7:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• What I think is that you will probably be crazy and in an asylum by the time you reach 35.... Good luck to you.

Answer by m-avi at 7:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Learn to love yourself

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I'm almost 33 and don't care - there are things I avoid but not for aging reasons, for general health reasons. I don't currently plan to get into all the creams and anti-aging stuff.

Answer by idareyou at 8:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• No. I take care of myself an eat healthy. My skin looks good. I always wear sun screen.

Answer by booklover545 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Bwahhhhhh

Answer by Sisteract at 6:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2013