I may have to replace my lawn this year. Thank you drought. Do you have any major house expenses coming up?

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• No. We've already replaced all of our appliances, re-done the back yard once and the front yard twice, and remodeled the whole inside. It's nice to not be looking at any expenses this year, but I do sort of miss having a project.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• We'll be replacing our furnace and upgrading our gas fireplace.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Planning on replacing the hot water heater with a tankless.

Answer by missanc at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Just a rail on the front porch steps, which according to the covenances of the homeowners' association, has to be wrought iron. I'd rather not do wrought iron because it's expensive. But the steps are shaded instead of sunny, so the ice stays there, and I fell again this morning. I'll have to dosomething.

If you are replacing your furnace, consider doing it before April 30. When I had mine done in December, the company told me that the government will require 90% instead of 80% energy-efficient furnaces after April 30. The new furnaces will run with Fiberglas ducts instead of metal, which involves tearing out sheetrock throughout the house. No thanks!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• If it was good grass to begin with it should come back good once it gets some rain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• painting the inside and yardwork.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2013