is there any way to help her learn how to crawl?

my DD is 7 months old and still not crawling. i know babies all learn at their own pace, the only thing that concerns me is that our apartment is small, and if she wants something she just rolls to it. she can get her upper half of her body completely off the ground and kind of pull her legs up, but not entirely. i try putting toys far away from her to give her motivation to go get them, but she just forgets about that toy and trys to go for something else. im out of ideas. i just want to make sure she gets the strength so she can walk and stuff. plaease help. any ideas, or calming words would be great!

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 5:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first crawled early and we lived in a 700 sq ft apartment we would just take her to her room or our room and put only a few toys out she learned early and walked early but my second who is 8 months tomorrow just learned that my back legs do work and has just begun to crawl, she army crawled for a few weeks. I hope that helps!! Calming words i hope too she will be fine, give her every oppurtunity you can and well keep her safe, we had kitchen issues in our last place
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• with my son we used a laser light pointer thing. we would put him on the ground on his tummy and point the light on the ground in front of him. he would want it so bad that eventually he crawled for it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• most wont crawl before 7 months.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Half of all 7 month olds are starting to crawl, half aren't doing it yet. So don't think of it as your 7 month "still not crawling". She's sounds right on target.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-7-to-12-months_1496587.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• What do you need calming words for? You said yourself you know that they all develop at their own pace, which they do. Some kids never crawl at all, they skip right to walking, and some are later. There is nothing wrong with your daughter, and no reason to be so dramatic about it. She's going to do things on her timetable, not yours, and she shouldn't be made to feel like you wanting her to do something is the only reason she should do it. This is her development, and her accomplishment, not yours. This isn't about you and children don't exist to give you something to brag about. Maybe you could try to focus on things that you are proud of about her rather than things you want to change. 7 months is pretty early to already be disappointed that she isn't doing what you want. I sure hope you never have a child with a disability, obviously you don't have much of a tolerance for your children not meeting your personal expectations
    Anonymous

• ok wow anon. im not disappointed i was misinformed. i thought they started crawling earlier then that and i dont have expectations for my daughter and i find your comment about not having a disabled child the most rude thing you can say. i just want the best for her, and i want to know that i am doing the best for my child. i am always worried i am not doing the best for her or giving her the best. i am not disappointed at all. i was just worried tht having a small place would inhibit her from developing in some way. everyone has questioons about development and rather then being a bitch maybe you could help me out rather then judging me like that
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2009