weaning from btl to sippy

when and how and the world do i do this? my first will be 4 march 2 and for the life of me i can't even remember how or when i did this! oh yeah ella will be 8 months tomorrow

HisServant4ever

Asked by HisServant4ever at 5:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can start whenever you want! i weaned my daughter onto a sippy at 6 months just because i wanted to avoid the bottle attachment, i know a lot of people dont agree with my decision, but whatever, its my kid. try using a nubby cup. they have handles and a soft rubber nipple that is extremely similar to a bottle. introduce it to her during her meals. we started off giving it to my daughter like a bottle. meaning i would hold it for her and everything. then she started grbbing the handles and feeding herelf so all i had to do was hold her, and now i can plop her in her highchair and give it to her and she feeds herself. there re many different ways of doing it. thats how i did it. i hope it helps!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i let them play with a sippy cup then gave them a little water and juice starting at 10 months once a day and then when they turned one year old I threw away all the bottles and they were left with a sippy cup.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• awesome thats the cup she has, did you put her formula in it?
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Just scatter a variety of sippy cups filled with water around the play area and let her play with them. Use water so you don't have to worry about it going bad. Let her play with them and she'll figure it out. By using several types, you also let her pick a favorite.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• cool thanks she's got a sippy and she uses it with her meals excellent, do i and when do or should i put her formula in it or just wait till she's a year? three years is a long time to have to re remember this stuff lol
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i put my daughters formula in it. one day we just decided to go with the sippy and got rid of all the bottles. and she has no problem at all!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We introduced a sippy at 6 months. We worked with them on how to use it, hold it and tip it. In about two weeks, they had it down by themselves. As soon as they could use a sippy, we threw away all the bottles.

I always put formula in it. If they could drink form a sippy, they didn't NEED the bottle any more.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009