Are financial reasons a good enough reason to get my tubes tied?

I feel afraid of getting pregnant if I cant afford it and although Im on birth control (Implanon) I feel that is not enough.

And how long does that last, forever?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Relationships

• Finances can change. Tubal ligation usually cannot. The pill is 99 percent effective or more, which is good unless you're one of the lucky few, in which case, you deal with it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Okay, just a few words of advice.... You do what you want to do.

Several years ago, I was going to get it done.... after talking to several people who had it done, I decided against it. The thing that really got to me was the fact that some of those people who since went through menopause had a very difficult time with it. They complain about how bad their periods are, how up and down their moods are. I only suffer from night sweats, so I am really glad I didn't go through that too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes, it's forever. But nothing, not even tubes tied, is 100%. If you have safe reliable birth control you should be fine.

Answer by missanc at 10:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• didn't you just ask a couple days ago about having another baby? because your mom can babysit or somthing?
    Anonymous

• Financial reasons are not good enough. Finances can change. Getting your tubes tied should be considered permanent. Yes, it can be reversed but it is expensive and isn't a guarantee. I regret getting mine done. Periods are much worse, moods swings are horrible, and now that I'm with someone else, I really want to have the option of having another one. But, such is life.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Oh ok thank you!
    Yes I asked about the babysitting with my mom. Exactly my point my finances are only comfortably covering how I live now. So I want another sooooo bad (hormones?) but I feel like the only way I'll be able to know I wont have one (because I cant) is if I cover my ass with such a procedure! But maybe its not worth it and maybe birth control is good enough...but then again I could still get preggers.
    Its not like Im trying, I just am afraid.
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2013