Do you or have you used Arm and Hammer baking soda in your laundry?

I've never tried it, should I?

I usually avoid using anything besides liquids because sometimes I'll see a white powder on my clothes from say powder bleach or what not.

so baking soda, what is it good for and does it work well?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Baking Soda is AWESOME!! Not does it only help maintain close smelling fresh a long longer, but it helps the clothing keep its vibrant color and for whites, it helps them lighten up. I always use baking soda in my laundry. Also keep in mind baking soda is also used for cleaning and disinfecting. I occasionally use it to clean my food dispenser in my sink. I would add about 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 TBSP of baking powder and MAGIC. After the solution stops bubbling I would just let the water run for like a minutes to clean the area out. You also do the same thing to you washer (2 times a year, obviously have to adjust amounts) and even to clean my bathtub. You also also place 1/2 up of baking soda in your fridge to eliminate odors. Like I said baking soda is wonderful, and a natural cleaner. Safe around children and pets. Good Luck =)
    ymilr0718

Answer by ymilr0718 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I put a dropperful of tea tree oil into every load of laundry. It is a natural antibacterial and antifungal. It makes the laundry smell awesome and it makes everything soft. It also keeps the washing machine smelling fresh.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• dilute it in a cup of water before adding it

I make my own detergent,so it already is being deodorized by the borax in my soap

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes. I find the clothes to be fresher.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I have heard of this and after reading the comments here I may try it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Ok great so how much baking soda per cup of water to dilute it? And I still add the regular amount of detergent right?
    lizzybee44

Comment by lizzybee44 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• you can get Arm and Hammer for laundry at you supermarket in the detergent aile
    cayenaroja

Answer by cayenaroja at 12:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2013