Do you own any elliptical exercise equipment? Do you like it? Was it worth the money you paid?

I am looking at buying some exercise equipment. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I had a really nice elliptical that you could change programs on it and everything. It was used, but still in excellent condition. I loved that thing. I could watch tv while working out or read a magazine or book while working out. It was much less impact on my knees than a treadmill and the exercise bike seats are so painful. I lost quite a bit of weight while using that. I really miss it. But just didn't have room for it in my apartment.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• There's an eliptical machine and also a treadmill and an exercise bike in the clubhouse at the condo complex where I live. I like the bike and the treadmill much better than the eliptical machine, which seemed to be hard on my knees the few times I used it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Yes. I have a Proform Space Saver one. I used it all the time until I developed some back issues last year. I'm feeling much better now but I have to wait for some inspiration to get on the thing on a regular basis again. (I'll get there) I have a the Gazelle that isn't worth a dam and I did have a treadmill but sold it. Going to get a new one.

The thing I like most about the elliptical is the gliding motion of it. It's not hard on my knees like a treadmill can be and I would also burn a lot of calories on it. It has IFit programs built in- it's really nice. I think it's well worth the money but you have to use it. I'm sad to say that I am a HSN/QVC junkie and I have purchased quite a few of my equipment through them. I like the option of the Flex Pays. I would rather pay something off in 3-5 payments rather than charge on my credit card. A lot of the time the shipping is free. ;-) Just thought I'd throw that in there.
    anonymous92

Answer by anonymous92 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• I had one of those Gazelles and I used it a total of 5 times! You have to make sure you really have the dedication to use it or it's a waste f money!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• yep, i got a small one from Amazon for $99
    It's a type you can stay upright,and the stride is short,no over stretching

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• Don't have one... don't recommend them unless you use it right... if you don't it causes a lot of torsion in the low back and can cause more trouble then it's worth ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2013