Valentines Day is around the corner, what are you doing?

So Valentines Day is around the corner...any ideas of what your getting your significant other? =)

I'm getting my husband a fishing pole that he has been dying for, its from the brand "Ugly Stick." Also I am going to bake him homemade brownies and cut them into heart shapes with the cookie cutter, and make his favorite lasagna and surprise him at work for lunch.

ymilr0718

Asked by ymilr0718 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2013 in Holidays

• Nah... I've never really celebrated V Day. It's too commercial. However, since the granddaughters came into the world, I will, of course, buy them a card and candy.....

It's my grandma duty! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• We're going to the Air Base so DH can get a new Military I.D. card :)

Fun stuff, huh!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2013

• PMSMom10 how funny, we are military too. Stationed in Fort Bragg, NC. And yes, always fun.....not!! Can you believe last time I went to get my newest id card cause hubby picked up, I was told not to smile. Lets just say I hate showing my id on base, cause it looks more like a mug shot =( LOL
    ymilr0718

Comment by ymilr0718 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• something like this

although still waiting for my tea cozy from one of you knitting moms

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I don't care to go out on Valentine's Day because the restaurants are crowded, and I'm not really into jewlry or flowers. I may get my daughter some candy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I plan to eat chocolate, watch Disney movies with DD, & mentally curse my ex to the deepest pit of Hades :)
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• LOL, sounds like a good day KA!

I have never celebrated V-Day. I think it is stupid. I'll be doing whatever I would normally be doing on that day.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• If I go grocery shopping around the day and think about it, I might grab a candy bar for him. One of the huge ones that will last him a whopping 5 minutes (the man can put away chocolate more than the stereotypical, hormonal woman, sheesh). Otherwise, nada. We don't do Valentine's Day, unless we decide to use it as an excuse to buy something pricey lol (like a bottle of liquor we want to try, a piece of furniture, etc.)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• You spelled "fishing" wrong.... it's spelled S-T-R-I-P-P-E-R pole. That's the kind of pole to buy for Valentine's Day.

Give the gifts that keep on giving.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Maybe dinner and a movie. I'm not big on v day. I don't care if we go out or not.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2013