Best Children Movies....

So I have a a toddler who loves musicals. Right now she is loving "The Lorax" but wants to see it EVERYDAY! lol. Is there any other children movies y'all recommend. She has sen "Hotel Transylvania" and "Toy Story 3" but we haven't found one that would replace the lovely Lorax. Lets just put it this way, I have seen it so many times, when I was cooking today, I was humming t the first song they sing in the beginning. Lol

ymilr0718

Asked by ymilr0718 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I love the older musical movies like Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Rock-a-Doodle, and Aristocats. If you are Christian or not opposed to messages about God, Veggie Tales also has some great kids' movies with fun music.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Ballad. Yes we are christian and we love Veggie Tales. But she wont stay sitting for too long to watch the whole thing =/
    ymilr0718

Comment by ymilr0718 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Have you checked out the Little Einstein movies? My 4 year old has 3 or 4 of them (something about instrument fairies, a celebration and I don't remember the other one or two) and she seems to really like them. She's crazy about the Tinkerbell movies right now, but she also likes the older Disney movies like Aristocats, Beauty & the Beast, Toy Story, etc.

I think the "I must watch this ONE THING until mommy goes insane!" phase is normal, though, so hang in there and she'll eventually move on to something else. I feel for you, mine has gone through obsessing over one thing like that about 6 times now and each time I think I'll go nuts before she moves on lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I agree with Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, and Aristocats. My kids also loved Annie and Cinderella.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I don't know how old she is. But The Sound of Music might capture her attention & imagination. I like Mary Poppins too but have always waited to introduce that one.

I've never seen the Lorax.

If you are looking for something shorter you could check out Little Bear. It used to play on Noggin (I recorded a bunch of episodes back then) but it might be part of NickJr's programming if it's still airing. And you can get DVDs with about 12 episodes on them. Instead of selecting "Play All" you can play an individual episode, which runs about 9 minutes. It is not a "musical" but there is music, the characters are engaging, the interactions are warm/positive & authentic, and it is just a short chunk.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2013