Where do you look for language tutors for your kids?

My boy is struggling with his spanish class at the moment. I was thinking of getting him a tutor to build his confidence. Where do you usually look to find tutors for Spanish?
Thanks

bruggas

Asked by bruggas at 1:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Do you have a university nearby? There are always college kids looking for tutoring work for extra cash.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Call the School. They usually can recommend someone to come to your home for a fee. I had a French tutor whan I was in school. She was the actual French Teacher!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• My school district provides a list of tutors in the area for all subjects. His teacher could probably recommand someone.  However my son is learning Chinese right now through a tutor in China. They Skype each other 3-4 times a week. It's been great for us. There are several online tutoring programs like this for foreign language.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• On line, web-sites he can do on his own. My daughter struggled with her first year of college.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• local library or the school
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Sylvan learning centers? Colleges?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 5, 2013