Flu? Had a kid over for a playdate.

Twenty minutes in after our kids have already shared a flute and been playing face to face in a dollhouse the mom said the kid had been throwing up and she couldn't figure out why. He then was in the bathroom having diahrrea for twenty minutes. They left. I freaked out and smothered my kid in hand sanitizer and took a bottle of oust surface sanitizer to everything the kid touched and closed the playroom off. Not planning to open that door for two days.

I politely messaged her and said tons of kids were in the er with a puking flu bug and to let me know how he is feeling and I hoped he felt better.

Has anyone had this? DD isn't awake yet. Is this the strain in the flu shot? I am awake and feeling like I want to puke but I woke up to a clogged toilet so I don't know if I am sick or freaked out.

I really wish people were smarter about bringing sick kids around. I almost cancelled the date because I swallowed and it almost felt funny.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Kids' Health

• The flu is a respiratory infection
    What some refer to as the flu is actually the Rotovirus and is a digestive virus

The flu shot is for the respiratory virus
    There is a vaccine to help combat the rotovirus,but if she's already been infected,you're SOL

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Not happy. I have a 7 week old too.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• It is call Nora virus. Heard that on the news recently. The one that is intestinal.  And bleach kills germs better then anything.  Lysol spray is better then all other spray.

Answer by louise2 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• That too

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Googling...

If it is the rotavirus do only kids get it?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• No, rotavirus can affect everyone.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• What an ass! She knew you had a baby home! If your Daughter had the flu shot she should be OK, you'll know in about 5 days. Just keep the baby from sucking on anything that she holds, try not to let her sneeze on the baby either. Easier said than done. I had the flu myself & had diarrhea in the beginning. Then I spiked a fever & the nausea came. Every one else in the house just got a minor cold. The baby is 17 months & she didn't have anything besides a little boogies. So hopefully all will be well. No one had the flu shot here.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I agree w/ paulie: that was so rude to bring her sick child around your children, esp. when 1 of them is an infant. I hope the sanitizing efforts you made pay off & you can avoid this illness. I keep praying our luck holds out too, b/c there are so many people sick right now, it's scary.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2013