What steps have you taken in this situation, Husband says he needs space.

My husband says he needs space, he says its not that I dont love you I just need space and you always will be part of my heart. What does that mean? Now we are going to have a conversation. What should I ask? I want to know what I need space means, how do I handle this without pushing him away further? If anyone has gone through this and had husband come back please tell me how to handle this. I do not want to be without him, I love him dearly. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Well, you have two choices really..... He goes off and finds his space and leaves you, or you can leave him and have the space for yourself! LOL. I think you really know that's a cowards way of leaving....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• He's searching for "greener pastures" or has already found one and is not man enough to make a break so he'll string you along and if the new fling doesn't work out he'll run back to your arms before doing it again.

Give him his space, kick his ass out.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• To me "I need space" means, he want a divorce, just a nice way of saying it.
    If my DH said that to me. I would be getting my financial shit together and start packing. Because I an not sitting around waiting for him to "find himself.

Answer by louise2 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Tell him he can have the whole outdoors, and put his shit on the porch.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

•  push 

he needs space, he loves you with 'part' of his heart

he is in another relationship already, or close to it

he has already checked out of the one with you

and he does not have the balls to be totally honest

any signs he is cheating?

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• i dont understand these answers, when i am online the expert advice says there is hope and he may just need space and to give him it and ask what space means
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• You're looking for "expert advise" from an online source? Well there's your first mistake.
    Secondly, we're not here to tell you what you want to hear or what "expert advise" tells you. YOU asked what WE would do in the situation. We're telling you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• ^^^Many times "experts" will tell you what they think you want to hear. Especially if you are not sitting in front of them paying them for their advice. Especially if they are affiliated with the church in any way, they will tell women who are even in abusive relationships to stay, try to work it out & "trust God". Because they believe in maintaining a marriage, whether it's healthy or not, or in the best interest of the spouses.

What we are giving you is real life experience and, yes in my experience, when a man backs off & claims to want "space", it's because he's too chicken shit to end things & explain what's really going on. 

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Experts read other peoples books. We speak from experience.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• What do you want us to say. Yea let him go off and have his space. Wait for him. He will come back to you. Is that what you want us to say?
    Will all that is wrong!!!! He wants a divorce.

Answer by louise2 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2013