Would you say something, even if you thought the other person was too stubborn to listen?!

Or more like too stupid! I know I've mentioned before about my evil 1/2 sis & the way she treats my dad (our father). I don't think the stress is doing him any good & I worry about his health sometimes. He recently told me what a worthless, parasitic leach he considers her, for using them, using her child as a manipulative tool & her utter disrespect for them. She has told him to "F" off & called him unspeakably rude names. He has no use for her right now & quite frankly, neither do I :(

She is 21 & has a child now. It's time to grow up & treat her parents with respect & pull her own weight. I feel like I need to have my say in this, b/c she needs to change her ways before it's too late where our dad is concerned. As far as I'm concerned, if something happens to him prematurely, she is a root cause!

Thanks for the vent- what would you do or say in my situation?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• Well I don't have a half sis but If it were one of my own sisters (half or not) I'd tell them what an ass they were being, and i have done it to my own sisters (and brother) before.
    I'd also have a sit down with dad and tell him he needs to put his foot down in the situation too and the only reason sis keeps acting like she does is because Dad keeps allowing it or making excuses for it. (even if the excuse is the grandkid).
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Your Dad needs to put his foot down with his wife as well!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• No I would not say anything.

Answer by louise2 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Kristi: B/C of my stepmom, dad is fighting an uphill battle w/ this spoiled brat! My SM is in charge of finances, & despite their financial struggles, still allows my 1/2 sis to sponge from them. What's so frustrating, is that sis & her bf made $80,K between the 2 of them! They should be managing just fine for a family of 3 on that & should NOT be TAKING anything from a retiree & a laid off dental worker! Ugh! I could just shake her for doing & saying the things she does.

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

Answer by KristiS11384 6 minutes ago

^^^You're preachin to the choir there sister- I think they've worn him down over the years & in order to preserve his health & keep his blood pressure down, he just quit fighting. Instead, he avoids. It's so sad :(
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• One has to earn respect. If she doesn't respect him it's for a reason. I'd stay out of it.
    Anonymous

• ^^^Anon- you couldn't be more off on this one. My dad warrants respect- she's just a selfish, self-centered brat who doesn't appreciate all the hard work & sacrifices my dad made for his family over the years.

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2013