• In the Spotlight:

Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast - but with chicken instead??

Going to make this..... but use chicken instead. What do you think?? 

crockpot cranberry pork roast:

Ingredients:

3 pound lean, boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of fat and cut in half crosswise
16 ounces canned whole berry cranberry sauce
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water

Directions:

1. Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Add roast halves, browning on all sides. Place roast halves in the insert of a slow cooker that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.

2. In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, brown sugar and mustard; pour over the roast in the crockpot. Cover with lid; cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce to LOW and cook 6 hours. Remove roast from crockpot, reserving cranberry mixture in crockpot. Set roast aside; keep warm.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until well mixed. Scoop cranberry mixture into the large bowl and then whisk cornstarch and cranberry mixture together. Place in the microwave and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until thickened.

4. Place pork roast on platter and use two forks to shred it apart. Top with cranberry sauce and serve immediately.

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I think it will be great, I make a cranberry chicken crockpot recipe, only it's just canned cranberry sauce (whole berry) and a bottle of french salad dressing poured over the chicken.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I think it will be great! Today I am making two Pinterest recipes to freeze for this coming week..... I love cooking....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Sounds good. Let us know how it turns out.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• eatingsounds sooo yummy I love hacing cranberry with oven baked chicken so why not? I am going to use this recipe : D good luck! any stuffing to go along with it??

sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• *having
    sarasmommy777

• yummy I sub chicken for pork loin or pork tenderloin all the time .Do the reverse also pork tenderloin or very trimmed pork loin chops for chicken breasts.I go to Costco and load up on all three ,then we eat it down a bit so sometimes it is what is easiest to get out of our meat freezer.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Smells good so far!!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I wonder how it will taste seems like cranberries will over power the chicken since it is much milder than pork. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• It was awesome... Needed salt, but other then that it was wicked good!!!
    Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2013