House Republicans Unveil Debt Ceiling Deal: "No Budget, No Pay"

In a nutshell:

Boehner and House Republicans will introduce a bill next week raising the debt ceiling for approximately three months. In exchange for a long-term increase, the Senate must pass a budget. If the Senate does not pass a budget during that time period, the House will block members of both houses from receiving a salary.

Source link

Do you think this strategy will be effective?  Will the Republicans be able to get the Senate to pass a budget after 4 years?

29again

Asked by 29again at 1:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Effective for who? I don't know one single business or household that is in the black that doesn't operate on a budget. How we allow our government to do it is beyond me. I hope they stick to this plan. Not having a budget in almost four years is criminal.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I hope this works. Look at me... agreeing with Republicans lol.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 5:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• this is the only thing we've got going that might get them to pass a budget...sad that it came to this but i hope this will get it done!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I am sick to death of these fucking republicans who gave BUSH unlimited spending and credit but are hell bent on making us suffer so they can make a fucking point.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

Uh huh, yeah, it's still all Bush's fault. Your story, sweetie, you tell it however you want.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Booklover I need you to look up SUPER majority in the dictionary and see when the last one was. Then check out how many budgets have been passed by the current president. Then add them together and see who the hell's fault it is we are in this situation :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Yes, republicans are making people suffer by telling the public that they won't sen out social security checks and military pay if you don't give them what they want. Oh . . wait . .
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Wow, this is Bush's fault, too, that the Senate hasn't passed a budget in 4 years?!? I wonder how he did that...
    29again

Comment by 29again (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I thought that the Dems had control of the house during part of Bush's years?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I doubt it OP, remember what he did to congress awhile back when he pushed forced Congress to agree to to tax increase, and boy did that fail big timed, kinda like the fact what happened with the fast and furious bull shit. Now he stands good shot of failing utterly. ad he will have nobody to blame, not even Bush. Sorry booklover.

This what he so did with thr policy

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2013