I am very interested in to going to school to become an esthetician. I love every aspect of the career. I would like any input out there from people who are maybe in school for it or is already one. My husband is alittle ify about it, but it is a dream to do this and I would like my job. not hate it like my jobs I have had in the past.

jandy1004

Asked by jandy1004 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• what do they do?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I have my license but now Im a medical biller, there has to be a demand in your area to have a good profit coming in. I worked at a couple salons but mainly did waxing cause the facials and makeup wasnt really that popular in that area! I loved doing it though! I also liked that it was like 600 hours or something like that as opposed to like 1600 to be come cosmotologist.
    Drea21

Answer by Drea21 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I graduated from Cosmetology school a couple years ago and I really enjoyed that aspect of it. Just make sure you find a good school that the high-end salon/spa's will recognize it makes a HUGE difference! And take advantage of any extra classes they might offer. It is a really fulfilling career for those who chose it.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2009