When is it enough?

http://abcnews.go.com/news/t/blogEntry?id=18264827

I can't make a clicky

A 5 year old was suspended after making what the school called a terrorist threat. After suggesting her and a class mate have a bubble shoot out.

Do you find this rediculous? Are kids not allowed to play anymore? Ninja fights, gladiator battles with swords and so on?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 8:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I do find zero tolerance laws important. I think it is important to teach your child not to make threats, not to say I will kill you. Teach them to not threaten with any kind of weapon. Even if it fake. A detention or clean up duty would be better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• I read this too, and was ashamed at our officials in our schools. By the fact that they had the gull to also tell her that she could "Go to jail". Now this too is just nonsense in my opinion. I would have my child out of that school and probably (as much as I cannot stand lawsuits) probably have one drafted. Apparently, she was quite traumatized by this. My first instinct is to protect my child!! My child comes first, the ridiculousness comes next and ridiculous it is!! She did not HAVE the BUBBLE gun even on her. This is taking it way to far. And to even allow the school to suspend my child for 2 days is unacceptable. (it was originally 10). I would probably find a new school or home school. ON THE FLIP-SIDE- I DO NOT CONDONE KIDS PLAYING WITH ANY KIND OF PLAY GUN TO BEGIN WITH!! so you wouldn't have to worry about this in the first place. Didn't as a kid (not even pretend sticks), and won't allow my kids.
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:30 AM on Jan. 24, 2013

• Zero tolerance = Common sense

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Watch I ROBOT. This is what many people want to regulate others to being like.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Re-fucking- diculous! This school should be ashamed of themselves.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• OMG the bubbles must of been filled with radiation! Ya thats it! She found the little green tube that falls out Homer Simpsons ASS and made little 'glow in the dark' bubbles. Ok...I think the teacher should have her head examined by that shrink.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• So when is the last time that a terrorist used bubbles to kill and maim?

This is absolutely ridiculous. DH just watched something about this on YT, which said that the little girl had to undergo a psych evaluation, and she was found to be "not a threat" after all. The mother has tried to enroll the girl in another school, but with this "mark" on her record, she can't attend another school. The parents are now considering a lawsuit against the school. I think this mom just found out how bad government schools can really be. I also think her best move now would be to homeschool.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Ridiculous and waste of time.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I read about that yesterday. It would be funny if it wasn't so damned ridiculous. She was going to shoot her friend with a pink bubble gun... that's very, very terrorist-like isn't it? SMH
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• O M G.... Way too much. That's very sad Oenophilia.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2013