Daughter pregnant

My 16 year old daughter is pregnant. She is almost 17. She is a junior in high school. I am totally supportive of any decision she makes but I did explain to her I won't be babysitting so she can run around and party and go out at night. She will be staying home and taking care of the baby. I told her she has to pay half for daycare so she can finish up school and I will cover the other half.

I also explained to her she will be buying diapers, clothes, and food and will be supporting the baby. She can stay living with me as long as she wants but this baby is her responsibility is this reasonable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2013 in General Parenting

• Where's the dad? How will she pay half of daycare? That's about $400/month
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Now you want her to finish high school? And support her kid to, 1/2 daycare, food, diapers?  Were is she going to get the money?

Answer by louise2 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• needs to finish school first
    vouchers for childcare while she finsishes school and works
    and even full time entry level will need help providing the daily essentials for child.(you are willing to pay half of child care so why not help with daily essentials)
    child support from person who donated sperm
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Working just to pay child care while at school AND at work and doing well at school may not be reasonable. the father should be paying some amount of child support to help with these things. There may also be alternative school sin your area that offer child care as part of the curriculum. also there maybe daycare assistance programs she will qualify for. Not to mention many pregnancy crisis centers offer help with clothes and other baby related items. All you have to do is look.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• I totally agree with luv. She needs to finish school. She needs to contribute, yes, but if work and taking care of baby cause her to fail in school, she might need to cut work out. She will never be able to support herself and her child without a high school diploma. The dad MUST contribute too. I would get a lawyer involved, and draw up some support papers. He might SAY he will support, but I would make sure he does.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• prissy-she is still with the dad so him and her are going to have to pay for half of daycare. Or find someone willing to do it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• louise2: Well I mean she can drop out if she wants and work full time and work on GED. I don't mind helping her out paying half for daycare. She can get WIC. I don't mind helping if she falls short but I am not supporting the baby.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• LOL, good luck with that.

Also, good job setting them up for failure. Don't say you'll support her decision and then pull this crap. At least be honest and say you want to stick it to them for getting pregnant.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• musicmaker: He is still in a relationship with my daughter. She can always drop out and get her ged and work. I would support the baby fully if I could afford it. But I am also a single mother who has other children to raise. I cannot afford to raise my grandchild.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• If you are set on this!!!! What are you asking of us then??????

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2013