• In the Spotlight:

Did you take baths with your newborn?

I love taking baths with my newborn and she loves it too. In fact the only baths she gets is is that way with daddy or myself.

Is this common?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take baths with my newborns. Feels safer to me and baby stays warmer
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Mine actually likes it better, she doesn't do well with baths by herself. But we don't takes baths together often because daddy is away right now, and i'm scared she'll slip out of my hands or something when we get out of the tub. So i only do it if someone else is around to take her out of the tub. But she loves it.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I didn't do it, but I have friends who did. I think that it is common though. When you have a newborn you just go with the flow and find what works. Good for you taking a bath with you baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i had my mom do it cause i was scared but after a couple times i started i think its normal she still takes showers with me cause im 37weeks prego again and it is just eaiser for her to be in with me then me bend down on my knees to bathe her in the tub cause the baby tubs are too small for her
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I never did. I didn't like the idea of "accidents", by the baby, of course! LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 6:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i took baths with my daughter when she was able to sit up on her own...like when she was probally 5 months old
    Anonymous

• No, to me it's easier to bathe her and myself separately. Plus I take showers, not baths and although I have taken her in the shower with me once or twice I don't make a habit out of it. The shower is one of the only "me" times I get in a day.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 6:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I took baths with my daughter, and we absolutely loved that time. I think it helps when little ones see that water is not so scary. But I agree with Bmat... there were a few times when I noticed a slight discoloration of the water eminating from my daughter's underside... not very pleasant!
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah my daughter poops in the bath but it is easy to clean up.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i do i love it!!!! my son is now 5 months old and its a little harder now cuz hes a LOT more squirmier but i love it, thinking about taking showers with him but i'm worried i might drop him...
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2009