If you have romance every single day or close to it, then do you celebrate Vday?

We don't because we show love and respect towards each other frequently and don't need a holiday to tell us to love each other. So what do you think?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• My husband and I are loving and devoted every day. We try to always be romantic together. That being said, I love holidays and I don't see anything wrong with having a more special romantic dinner or date or gift or 'bedtime' with my husband on Valentine's Day. My husband humors me so he goes along with it. We do celebrate and I don't see it as a sign that we are not loving and romantic the rest of the year.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• We are romantic every day, but it is fun to set a day aside for special acknowledgment of our love. This doesn't mean that we couldn't just any day say let's go out just to celebrate our love, but we don't do it. Although we do find plenty of other occasions to celebrate. But just as I love my mother every day and still give her an extra acknowledgment on Mother's Day, so I enjoy the special day set apart for the celebration of love. We have never given one another expensive gifts on the day, just a card or a hug or a flower, but that special notice of our love- that's what it is about for us.

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• We use it as an excuse to pamper each other and go outside our budget and get each other gifts. We have a tight budget, and stick to it pretty hard. We have romance and love every day, so the "real" reason for V-day is pointless in our house, but we sure enjoy getting to shop for each other and spoil each other!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• To the OP we are the same way we show love 365 days a year so we do not need a special day either!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We do frequently but this is a recognized day to celebrate love and I like having a day dedicated to US.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My fiance loves to celebrate even though he does romantic things through the year. This year he proposed and it was so sweet priceless because he used his 2 sons from his previous marriage and our son that we have together. He fixed us dinner and dessert. Which he loves to do. he cooks all the time. He loves to cook so I do not have to cook. I feel guilty and he tells for what this is my relaxing time.
    MarqsMom

Answer by MarqsMom at 9:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2009