If I were to workout for a week weighing @ 158lbs. 5 days later I check my weight gain I'm 155lbs then I m back to 160lbs. Wtf?.

Am I gaining muscle or WHAT?
Very discouraging ...ugh!

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• The point is that in order to see any real results you have to keep doing it, every week, for like ever!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Muscle weighs more than fat. Best way to measure progress is either through measuring yourself or by the way your clothes fit.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Yes, the scale is a lying bitch when you're gaining muscle.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• water weight? I fluctuat 4-5 pounds per month
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• Your weight is going to fluctuate. Don't get discouraged. Are you drinking enough water? You don't need tons but you do need a few glasses a day. Are you drinking too MUCH water? That something people never think of.....your food contains most of the water you need so 3 glasses a day should be plenty if you're getting enough fruits and veggies (apples are 35% water, for instance)
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• losing weight takes time- and the scale will seriously frustrate you if you don't have other goals that are not scale related. TRUST me. I've been at it now for about 10 months. My loss goes down -up down up-up down down down- up down... it will make you crazy if that is the only tool you use. Try measuring yourself- and waiting longer between weighing. I started waiting about 2 weeks and it's definitely less frustrating.
    Also make small goals and use those to motivate you to keep going.
    *it takes longer than a week to build muscle- but from what I have experienced- when I start something new for work outs, or increase my time- I go up. It takes time to work itself out.
    hang in there and don't let anything stop you!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2013

• *also- eat enough, and drink water
    charlotsomtimes

• Sounds like water retention. Very normal when you first begin working out. The idea is to get a look at how your body responds over time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Try weighing every two weeks and taking measurements.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I hope it's just muscle mass (which weighs more than fat) because I'm going through it as well!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2013