1st time TTC need advice!!!

I am a SAHM of three blessings from a previous marriage and my current DH and I are trying to have a baby. I've never TRIED having one due to them all being surprises so I'd love a little help. I've started tracking my periods since I had the Mirena removed in October of 2012. I've also been taking prenatal vitamins, taking ovulation tests. Both myself and DH have taken fertility tests and we are both fertile. My ovulation week is next week and would like any advice on how to increase our chances of making sure we get pregnant. Also advice on how to produce twins would be great too!! :-)

TwistedMama27

Asked by TwistedMama27 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Both of mine were Surprises also But I do know is laying there after you are done having sex and not get up for at least 10 mins will help. Other than that I am useless :)!
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 12:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• make sure you orgasm...the muscle spasms caused by female orgasm has been shown to push the sperm further into the Fallopian tubes.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• It's true that women are advised to lie still for at least ten minutes, or even as much as a half hour, after intercourse. Put a pillow or two under your hips so that gravity will help the sperm go where you want them. Also, after your husband has had a climax, keep him inside you for at least a few minutes, longer if you can. The semen thickens after it leaves the penis, and mor of it will stay in you if the penis acts as a plug, so to speak, till the thickening happens. Those are the tips I was given by fertility doctors, for what they're worth. None of them worked for me, and I tried for years. Then I was surprised by joy wen I wasn't even trying. So my best piece of advice, as hard as it is, would be to relax as much as you can. Enjoy each other, and let nature take its course, but stress has been known to make conceiving more difficult. Good luck, mama!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I believe you are most fertile 8 days before your next period so try and do it them, and also when you start to feel crampy like your getting ready to start do it because that usually means an egg is getting ready to be released as far as twins go if they do not run in your family thne go toyour doctor and get on some fertlylity drugs that usually helps the chance of having multiple births.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• There is no natural way to increase the odds of having twins. Conceiving Twins naturally is a spontaneous occurance and happens when a) 2 eggs are released and fertilized (you can up the chances of this by taking fertility drugs; otherwise this doesn't often occur) or b) 1 fertilized egg splits into 2 embryos (no known way to cause this to happen).

How long have you and dh been ttc? If the other 3 were unplanned and the 2 of you have confirmed you are both fertile, I would just go about business as usual making those bedroom play sessions a regular and frequent occurance and you will get pregnant
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2013