I was so proud of my little tiger!

I fell on the ice yesterday at the bottom of my front porch steps. It doesn't get sunny there, so the ice never melts well. But it had been warm, and ice wasn't on my mind, so by the time I hit it, I didn't have a second to react. I landed flat on my back and hips and threw one arm out in time to keep my head from hitting the ground. Then some son of a bitch who was walking by started to laugh! I could tell it was a grown man, or at least an overgrown child whose voice had changed. I don't know if it was a neighbor or a maintenance person or what, but I was appalled. I couldn't even imagine anybody laughing at someone who had just fallen on the sidewalk, even if I did look stupid going in for a crash landing. I yelled out, "Hey thanks, you've been helpful!"

Anyway, my preschooler came over and asked if I was okay, then offered her hand so I could get up. She said, "I *stared* at that man who laughed at you, Mommy. I just *stared* at him." Later, I asked her to stare at her nanna and papa the way she had done when the man laughed at me, and both of them told me she already has the death ray look down pat. I was proud of her for standing up against unkindness in her own little way.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Bless her little cotton socks. I'm sorry that happened, but your little tiger's reaction was priceless. I bet the jerk who laughed felt two inches tall after!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• That is so sweet, what a good girl! I hope you weren't hurt badly!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Now for the laughing... I do it. I can NOT help it. If I see someone have an accident... I laugh. Now I also run over and see if I can help, but my first reaction is laughter. I am sorry... I know I am a horrible person for it, but I truly can not help it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Mommy's Little Momma Bear. Good for her. I'm sorry you got hurt, and I'm happy she did what she could to defend you.

All I can see in my head now her her kicking the shins out from under someone who does that again. I also see her in a little black belt for martial arts.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Good for her! She will keep you on your toes Momma!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Aww- good for her! Nobody disses her mommy & gets away with it! :) Hope the aches & pains heal quickly.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Oh, she's a dynamo! I was kind of timid growing up, but not her. She'll say what she thinks, almost to the point of crossing the line sometimes. The other day, somebody left his trash on the picnic table at the park where we play, and she said really loudly as he was walking away, "Mommy, that man is impolite. It's impolite to leave your trash so somebody else has to clean it up."

I'm a bit sore in the hips, and my wrist where I threw my hand out, and I scraped up my palm a little on the cement, but it wasn't serious. This time. I think getting a rail on my steps will have to be a priority before next winter.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2013