Weaning from the breast tips

My guy is 7mo and I am thinking about weaning soon, going straight to a sippy cup, skipping the bottle all together. I have that covered, but I don't know what to do for my breasts. My first guy I didn't have to worry, my milk dried up on it's own rather suddenly so I never had to figure it all out. What do I need to do to keep my breasts from getting sore and engorged?
All I can seem to find is to put cabbage leaves on my chest. Anything else to do?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 12:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Health

• The only way to do it without huge amounts of pain is to slowly cut out a feeding every 4-7 days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Is there a reason for weaning?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I never had any issues with that. I dropped a feeding every 3-4 days and had nothing more than slight pain (and some leaking!).

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Drop one feeding per week till gone. Easiest on both of you.

Have you established that baby will take formula? If not you need to establish that first... baby needs to be getting breastmilk or fomrula till age one.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2013