kids having sex at such a young age

Ok, i don't know what kind of responses i will get by asking this, but i just don't get it. These kid now days having sex at 12years old or even younger. I know when i was in school everyone around me was doing it at like 15-16. But i personally was 18 before i had sex. And even then i thought i really shouldn't be doing this. But i can't imaging it at 12-13. Heck i think at that age i really wasn't sure what "sex" really entailed of. And you know they can't possible know what there doing and how to enjoy it. You know they probably are just (and not do sound blunt or grose.) letting the boy thrust in and out and the girl just laying there. Anyways i just wanted to see what others people opinions are. So what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it goes to American society and the way we are raising our children. Im sorry but we are NOT raising our kids in the right way. Instead of pointing them in the right direction we are ignoring them, pushing them off to someone else or just throwing them away completely. That is why there are so many teenage pregnancies, STD's and all the other negative things associated with CHILDREN having sex. I just pray that it will get better, but sadly feel that it wont.
    Anonymous

• You can thank an overly permissive society that actually "encourages" sex with the availability of condoms and other forms of birth control. "Helicopter parents" have done all of thinking for their children, and as a result their children are incapable of understanding the repercussions for their actions. You can also thank celebutards like Brittney Spears' sister. Girls are so desensitized to the notion of being a teenage parent--something that would have been "hush hushed" 20+ years ago! They suffer from extreme insecurities and try to find what they think is love whenever someone gives them the time of day.

I blame the 40 something parents of today's teenagers for the messages they send, and how they feel powerless against their children. It's an incredibly sad state of affairs, including a President who feels VERY strongly that an unwanted pregnancy is a punishment, and therefore has/will sign FOCA legislation.
    Anonymous

• When I was in school, everyone was 13-14. Now it is frightening how many are having sex at 11 even. My oldest is 13. She is one of two virgins out of all of her friends. One of her friends who had sex already is 11!!

BTW, the 2 virgins are the only ones who's parents talk to them about sex regularly.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• i think they should wait until they are at least 17 preferable 18.theyre not missing out on much.i think its stupied 12-13 years have sex...they should enjoy their life and not wonder what sex is like they can figure that out at a later age.
    Anonymous

• People around here let their kids do co-ed sleep overs in jr high and high school, because they are idiots who think their kids are GOOD kids who won't do anything wrong. Then they wonder why both of our high schools have full daycare centers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I think its crazy... Thats sooo young... i didn't even like boys till i was 14....they risk getting pregnant, spreading diseases..... and they are wayyyy to young to really know and enjoy it.... where all the parents at these days? i know they can't control every little thing...but come on...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• NotPanicking: WOW! I thought it was just a myth that parents were dumb enough to have co-ed sleepovers! Very shocking and very sad.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My nieces have a friend who is allowed to have them, and her parents think my inlaws are horrible and abusive because they don't let their daughters go

eye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Sex.... is everywhere you can't even watch a hamburger commercial w/o them being half naked eating a dang burger......parents need to talk to their kids more often instead of acting like its not a proper subject to talk about my sons are 11 and 9 and we have a talk 2-3 times a week about it...
    Anonymous

• I plan on being very open with my daughter. That's not to say I'll be hunky-dory with her doing whatever she pleases, but I won't be tight-lipped.

My mother was not someone I felt I could talk to about things like sex. I started having sex at 15, and feel that my teenage years would have been better all around had I had a parent I could speak with openly. I'm not laying the blame at my mother's feet. I knew good and well what I was doing at 15, but looking back on how stupid and not-careful I was, I just have to give a big sigh of relief and thank the good Lord above that I'm not a mother to a an 7 year old right now.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 7:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2009