Who's kids DID have school today, despite the holiday?

Our school district almost NEVER takes off MLKJ day, not sure why... we do a bunch of other holidays but not this one. It might be because Christmas break just ended 2 weeks ago :P Anyways, I'm glad my older two are in school and just my ds (preschool) had the day off.

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 12:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Holidays

• In all the 10 yrs I have lived in this small town in MI we have never closed schools, city hall for MLK day.
    The children spend the day learning more about the man, but we stay open.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Mine have today and tomorrow off. My oldest went to his robotics club for the day. That just leaves the 7 and 13 yr. olds home with me. I think we'll bake some bread and make either cheese or yogurt.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I am surprised that any public schools would be open today. I thought it was a pretty universal holiday. I know private schools and charter schools make their own schedules. DS is off and I am glad, he needed today to recover from the weekend so he isn't a terror at school tomorrow.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• My older two are in school today, but they attend a charter school that has it's own schedule. My youngest attends a district preschool and he is out for the day. We have our friend's kids today, since her kids attend in the district too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• We are off in the New England states... it's pretty ignorant of school systems to have school today... even the Fed is closed. UGH!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• My son didn't, but daughter did... they are both in private preschools though. That being said, the schools in our area use this day as a snow make-up day, and since there haven't been many snow days, school was in session today.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• mine. it was their 100th day so they had some fun stuff going on.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2013