Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have electic bill with a extention,cutoff date is tomorrow and still cant find the money to pay the bill.the bad part about it is i was laid off my job last month so please tell me what can i do.

Answer Question

Asked by yahoomailer at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • Call your social services office. They can typically help you with this, especially if you've had a lay off

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • call 211 and they can direct you to someone that will be able to help financially. call asap!! you will have to get tons of paperwork together so the sooner you call the better.

    Answer by goofygalno1 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • PA office.

    Answer by louise2 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • Like the others have said, there are social services agencies that will help with this, especially if you have children in the house. Try public assistance, and private non profits like Salvation Army, United Way, Access, etc.

    Answer by Nimue930 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • When will you expect some money? How are you paying your other bills. To be honest it may be better to bounce a check than to have it shut off, I am afraid you most likely have waited too long to seek help, but try the utitlity company first and see if they will work with you. so sorry.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • But yet there is cell phone, computer or internet.....

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • social services, a local church, our power company has a list of places that will help, maybe yours does too

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • not sure your gonna get much help since cut off is tomorrow - why did you not work on this before now? the advice above is best at this point

    Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • All of the above, plus family and friends.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • Call the electric company and explain you are trying to get the money together. Then call 211 and they will give you a list of churches and agencies that will help you. Good luck to you.

    Answer by booklover545 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.