Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have electic bill with a extention,cutoff date is tomorrow and still cant find the money to pay the bill.the bad part about it is i was laid off my job last month so please tell me what can i do.

Answer Question

Asked by yahoomailer at 1:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • I have never met anyone who has been assisted by Salvation Army and I have worked in social service administration for 30 years. United Way does not provide direct service.

    Answer by booklover545 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

  • thanks for the suport and answering my question.

    Comment by yahoomailer (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

  • Call the electric company, they sometimes are lenient about giving some time, or making payment plans...

    Answer by older at 7:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

  • I work in Social Services (NJ) , there are many agencies that help.  First call your utility company to see what agencies offer help, they will have a list.  Also, your local United Way, Salvation Army and local churches offer programs too. 


    Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

  • If you need help finding some agencies, dont be afraid to message me.


    Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.