Christian Moms: What is your thing to do when you need to be lifted back up or just get in a more positive mind set? Time for a positive post)

Ok, just want to know what other Christian moms do for those times when you're feeling down, beat-up, etc. In otherwords - what's your bible verse, scripture passage, song etc. that you go to when stuff comes against you and you just need to quickly get in the Lord's presence.

Me? I go to music and the bible - the song Crazy by Deluge (great praise and worship song); Freedom by Eddie James. Bible verses - Ps 34:1-3 (praising reminder); 2 Cor. 5:17 (reminds me who I am and what He's done for me).

So ladies, what's yours.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I go into my prayer closet and pray to God and ask him to lift me up and my favorite bible verse is Hebrew 11:1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Great post God bless you

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• LOVE MUSIC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we6G6q1i9Wo

My favorite lift me up verses are:

Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

James 1:4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance.

I Thessalonians 5:16-17 Be joyful always;Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Phillippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which trancends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• Laughter - Music - Prayer - God's Word: not necessarily in this order. LOL!

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• First of all go to the Lord in prayer...And my support group my Sisters of Strength (my ladies at church)...one is always ready to lift you up when you are down.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My song is Refuge by Kim Hill and my verse is 1 Cor. 10:13.
    ljdsnow

Answer by ljdsnow at 1:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2009