can two year old children see monstors

i have a two year old granddaughter thats is seeing monstors and it i need help i beleve that shes seeing something thats unnatural or evil.and it only happens between the hours of 3 am and 5 am she has woke up with scratch marks on her and didnt have any when she went to bed.she says his name is george and hes big and black with red eyes and its gittiing worse by the night.and shes not the only one in the house that has seen monstors please help i dont know what to do

marycamp65

Asked by marycamp65 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not one to chime in, but I can't believe most of you would think that if your little girl saw something that you would tell her it's her imagination. Thank god, I never told my daughter that. Children are more prone to seeing the supernatural or paranormal than we are. Nobody has ever told them ghosts don't exist at this age.

My daughter was constantly visited by ghosts when she was around two. Lucky for me, I was a believer.

Your child may not be seeing a monster at all, but with how the ghost appears, it may seem like a monster to her. Some earthbound spirits appear the way they dies. For instance, if someone perished in a fire, they surely would look like a monster. My daughter always referred to our ghost as a princess. Which in reality, would make sense if the ghost she was seeing came from the Victorian age.

Shannon_Eckrich

Answer by Shannon_Eckrich at 3:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2013

• We had an issue like this with a few "ghosts" who took up residence in my little ones room. We took turns going in during the day and reminding the "ghost" that it was DD's room and that he or she wasn't welcome if they were going to be bothering her in the night. We also did "Scary thing spray" ( water bottle with water to "scare" away scary things) and we put some butterfly stickers on the wall to protect her. She feels better, and we haven't heard about the ghosts in a while.
    Oleary1024

Answer by Oleary1024 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2013

• She is two, what exactly is she telling you she is seeing? Most two year olds don't have a good grasp on language, so more than likely she is repeating what she has heard other people say. Best guess is still night terrors and self inflicted scratches.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• comeyou knw fokes say that they beleve in god and the devil but when the devil shows his ugly face and people see him or his demons then they come up with allkinds of different excuses

No don't believe in any god either....so that's not it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• my granddaughter is only allowed to watch tinkerbell.cindearella.things like that.as for the other people that has seen monstors is her dad and grandfather.on different times.her grandfather was so scread that he left the house.dad saw a white figure crawling on the floor about a week ago and with all the happens is taking place after 3 am.we have taken heaven out of the house to day until our at
    paster can comeyou knw fokes say that they beleve in god and the devil but when the devil shows his ugly face and people see him or his demons then they come up with allkinds of different excuses.i dont know whats going on all i know is something is scaring my granddaughter.and that no 2 year old can come up with something like this unless something is their.and im very corcern about her.and so is her mom and dad.
    marycamp65

Comment by marycamp65 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Oh no Party Gal, I do believe in the paranormal, but the child wouldn't be seeing it at night, and it is rare that any child could see it, my vote is night terrors, but there is another world out there, of spirits who don't know how to get "home" so to speak. There are fake shows and whatnot on TV, but spirits are real, and call me crazy, but unless you have had the experience yourself you have no idea, in this case though this is a child and boogey man case.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I'm kinda surprised that no one here believes in the paranormal!
    She could be seeing something!

I"m kind of surprised when people DO. There's no viable evidence that "paranormal" entities exist. Even teh show Ghost hunters is faked.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

She could be seeing something!
    Have your house blessed, or hang a cross over her bed, and see if anything changes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Let her sleep in your room for the next few nights, Kristi is most likely right, it is very odd for a young child to see "monsters", it is not that odd for them to see someone who has passed on, but she would see them all of the time, not just at night. If this continues you may want to take her to a pediatric sleep specialist. Nigh terrors are very common in the 2-4 year old range.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Night terrors, not monsters. I'm a little disturbed that rather than think she is at a normal developmental stage for her age you immediately jumped to it being something real. It doesn't necessarily take a bad parent to give a child the idea of something lurking under the bed.

Besides, haven't you seen Monsters Inc? Sully is a very nice monster, although he's blue, not black.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2013