My son is constantly squeezing his 'privates' saying that it bothers him

Yet another issue with my kiddo (the 6 yr old burping) is that he has been saying that his 'privates' bother him and I catch him constantly tugging it/stretching it out. This has been going on for about 3 weeks and I have taken him to the doc who says there is nothing physically wrong, put him in loose boxers/pants, warm baths and lets see if it gets better. Well, I have been doing that, but yet, still the same issue. I try to find out if it is 'as much' as before, but with a 6yr old, they don't understand that too much. I don't want to have to see a urologist as the pedia mentioned....has anyone gone through this with their lil' one? It isn't due to excitement either, saw him tugging in the shower and it wasn't in that stage, if you will.

HELP!

cnt1771

Asked by cnt1771 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL, good one jerseydiva, that put a smile on my face when it has been difficult lately with the worry. To answer all the above, it definately isn't something he is faking or playing with. When he is laying next to me on the couch playing his DS he will 'jolt' in a way squeezing his legs together...almost like it happens really quick and then goes away. It will happen a couple times and then he will pull at it. Nothing is sticking to the other. Just honestly like he is being pinched really quick on that one spot and he stops it by squeezing it. I will always ask him if he has to go to the bathroom and he says, no mommy, it just bothers me. Well that makes 2 of us, lol. Really need piece of mind, so will take him, just finding out it isn't too easy to get an apt in the near future! Ughhh.
    cnt1771

Comment by cnt1771 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• He may have a for lack of better word a "bent" tube somewhere, maybe from his scrotum to his penis or in his urinary tract is "bent", or maybe even in his bladder to the penis, I think the doctor will most likely do a dye test and or CAT scan, be sure to tell them exactly what you wrote above ^^^^^ almost like a pinched nerve kind of thing.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Could just be a nervous thing. You could try putting some diaper rash ointment on there... maybe it is sweating or something.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• i would take him to the specialist but it may also be what Ilovemypaulie said
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2013

• ask his doctor
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 11:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2014