Is there anywhere in the US you wouldn't move for a $200K or more income?

Not a permanent thing either. If you could live there for a few years and make really good money and then move wherever you wanted later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• Missanc made me smile a bit... an old co-worker of mine came back to San Diego from NC a few years ago. Her husband had been making decent money in NC but they didn't like it! It's all in what you're used to, I think.

For me, I wouldn't move to Alaska (too little sunlight in the winter) or anywhere in the middle of the country where the ocean is far away.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Problem is, LA, SFO, NYC, DC, Boston, etc are great cities and yeah you can live in the burbs but traffic is hell. I don't know. Depends on the lifestyle you want to live. You could have fun in the larger cities though. We turned down NYC for the lifestyle.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• LOL Kmath: I was going to add that I'd never move to Alaska or North or South Dakota.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Anywhere down south

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• any town that is so small it doesnt have a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, AND a Walmart.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• There's a lot of places. I wouldn't want to go to any big cities (Seattle, New York, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Diego, etc. Just about anything down south)

I prefer where I'm at now.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• That is a lot of money. But there are some places that even that is not enough money to comfortably live on probably Like NYC, DC. California, Florida.

If it was a tmporary thing. I could live anywhere.  We did 20 in the army.  PCSed a lot of places.  I can deal for a while.

Answer by louise2 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• NY, CA, & Alaska would be the top 3 picks of states I have no desire to live in, no matter what the price.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I live in So Cal and we've never earned $200K.; we still live quite comfortably. $200K would allow one of us to stay home if we wanted.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would never move to the South. I would not live anywhere East of the Mississippi river. I would not move to Alaska.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2013