Is there anywhere in the US you wouldn't move for a $200K or more income?

Not a permanent thing either. If you could live there for a few years and make really good money and then move wherever you wanted later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• Anywhere I couldn't speak the language. Yes, I know you said in the United States but there are places where the English I speak isn't the language spoken.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would not move to NY for that amount, suburb or not, you would be suprised at how much it costs to live there, also Alaska, Alaska is very expensive, and LA. But if they want to offer it to me, I sure would like to make up my mind about any other place. My husband had a job offer in Saudia Arabia, and he took too long to make up his mind, I was all for a 2 year stint over there, but procrastinaiton killed the deal.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I live in SoCal. You can make it with a family for 60K without the luxuries. 100K would be quite nice. 200K would be decent money but would in no way make you "rich" - it would, however, afford some of the luxuries around here.
    If we were offered 200K in a cheaper place to live for a temporary (2-4year) time, I would go and save up every penny!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• i wouldn't move anywhere north/east of north carolina or anywhere west of mississippi...i enjoy the deep south and would feel really out of place anywhere else
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Anywhere else where it is cold.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• So Josie is the only who'll be my neighbor? :( I can't imagine somewhere I wouldn't mind living in the US, especially if it meant more money. I wouldn't mind getting out of my 'southern comfort zone'.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• The south. No amount of money is worth living there.
    MaySheWillStay

Answer by MaySheWillStay at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• If its just for one year I would go anywhere in the US, but after a year I would lose the scent of my family and have to come back to home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Arizona (who needs all that crazy racist shit), Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Florida, New Mexico, California (too expensive), Nevada (too ugly), New York City, Arkansas
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2013