Is there anywhere in the US you wouldn't move for a $200K or more income?

Not a permanent thing either. If you could live there for a few years and make really good money and then move wherever you wanted later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• Detroit (b/c it's a mess), Washington DC, NYC, LA & SF: because 200K isn't "a lot" there. Boston would be my expensive limit.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• DC, NYC and most parts of the northeast and probably Alaska (though I wouldn't mind a visit).
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• NY, CA, & Alaska would be the top 3 picks of states I have no desire to live in, no matter what the price.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Anywhere else where it is cold.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Nope. There is no amount of money that would entice me to move, even for a few years to the Northest. After spending 30 yrs with the Navy telling where we were going and how often, no thanks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Unless it has seriously changed Gary, Indiana
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Missanc made me smile a bit... an old co-worker of mine came back to San Diego from NC a few years ago. Her husband had been making decent money in NC but they didn't like it! It's all in what you're used to, I think.

For me, I wouldn't move to Alaska (too little sunlight in the winter) or anywhere in the middle of the country where the ocean is far away.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Problem is, LA, SFO, NYC, DC, Boston, etc are great cities and yeah you can live in the burbs but traffic is hell. I don't know. Depends on the lifestyle you want to live. You could have fun in the larger cities though. We turned down NYC for the lifestyle.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• LOL Kmath: I was going to add that I'd never move to Alaska or North or South Dakota.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Anywhere down south

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2013