Mom, I thought our country was broke? He kind of has a point--

My kids are off today, and my son asked me how much Obama's party is costing today, I said I don't know, he informed me that it probably was much more than his birthday party was, LOL. To be honest, no matter who won the election, I think they could have downscaled all of the pomp and circumstance, and made a point to the American public the reason for it. I thought he had a pretty good observation, LOL

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I realize that they have some private donors that help with the cost but it's really outrageous when the country is going down the drain to have any kind of party of this magnitude. It doesn't matter who won. The money easily could have made a lot of seniors happy for awhile.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I agree. Also, I know I keep saying this, but I don't see the point of having one for a second term anyway.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Smart kid- when will he be old enough to run? lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Which party? There are two inaugural balls today. So have him multiply that number by two and then see what he has to say.  I also read that the luncheon weighed in at a whopping 3000 calories.  I guess when they say fat cats, they really mean it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• No matter who is celebrating their Presidency the cost always exceeds.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I think the fact he can't watch the People's Court is making him mad, LOL-I have no idea why he loves that show, he wants to be a lawyer (this month)! I have to admit, it didn't even cross my mind the enormity of the bill, but can you imagine the extra police, secret service, not to mention food etc.! He is very aware of the expense of birthday parties, that is what he is calling in Obama's birthday party!
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2013