is it true

another mom asked this but im kinda curious.. is it true once your baby starts hideing to go poo that they are ready to be potty trained? can a 14 month old already wanna be potty trained? she walks and all that she is already talking but i didnt think anything about her hiding to go poo until now

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is only one sign they are getting ready to be worked with, in my opinion. It means they are becoming more aware of when they have to go and it might be a good time to introduce them to the potty if you haven't already....or if already introduced...step it up a bit.

No matter what, though...don't push. It's always backfired for me...lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• my daughter always went and hid to poop they like privacy.but id say probally not on the potty training.if she starts pulling her diaper off and saying potty and recognizing the potty then shes ready
    Anonymous

• I was also wondering that because my daughter is 18 mos now and she hides when she poos so I was wondering if I should start also?
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• It's one sign. The more signs your child has, the quicker it will go. Check out the "are you ready" test in the beginning of the book "The No Cry Potty Training Solution".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2009