A stupid question

I know i should just stop smoking all together but right now I have a resp infection and I get dizzy and feel nauseated when I smoke. I'm thinking this may be my O2 level dropping when I smoke, but I don't get the feeling sick to my stomach part. Wondering if it could be sign of the flu or normal for a resp infection. Any nurses on here? lol.

And no I'm not pregnant lol I no longer have the parts which are required for pregnancy lol.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 7:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Health

• I am not a nurse, but I am someone who watched my parents smoke themselves to death, literally. And that's not a lecture, that's just reality - yes it will make you dizzy and lower your O2 level. Getting overnic'd, regardless of delivery method, will make you sick to your stomach. It is also a symptom of the flu, but the flu has more going on besides that - are you tired and achy?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I would say it's more a rhetorical question as opposed to a stupid question. A stupid question was asking to see anon's profile page.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Sorry, I just have to go with the obvious here.... Don't smoke!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• i'm tired and dizzy and achy and grumpy and I've had a headache all day.

It's very possible then that you have the flu and a respiratory infection. Please get to a doctor and work on it - patch, gum, vaping, whatever works for you, because like the autoimmune, the smoking is making your symptoms worse. The two combined is a recipe for disaster.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• All right, from a smoker

If you cannot take as long a drag as you normally do get an X-Ray. I have had docs use that as a diagnostic tool. Turned out the bronchitis I had originally been diagnosed with was in fact pneumonia.

I know a lot of smokers who smoke while battling lung issues and no one has ever complained about nausea. I would go with flu. After all you do have a weakened immune system, weaker than usual right now.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• right now I have a resp infection and I get dizzy and feel nauseated when I smoke

Duh!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• For goodness' sake, go buy a box of nicotine gum. You don't want bronchitis; it really sucks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• lmfao i was reading in my activity and it says "You asked A stupid question" lol
    Obviously I find this hilarious because Im sick and kind of not in my right head at the moment lol
    I just had to giggle though lol.
    AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• i'm tired and dizzy and achy and grumpy and I've had a headache all day. I just feel like i was run over by a garbage truck that kept on going lol
    AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• You are right, a stupid question. Try not to smoke. Or go buy some nicotine patches.

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2013