Interesting...

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Religious Debate

• All you virgin birthers are gonna turn into the next crazy cat ladies... Now I know what starts that!!! Going thru all the crap of pregnancy and labor without the fun start is enough to turn anyone pyscho over time... :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• Attis's passion was celebrated on the 25th of March, exactly nine months before the solstitial festival of his birth, the 25th of December. The time of his death was also the time of his conception, or re-conception.

The myths of Attis's death include him being killed by a boar or by castrating himself under a tree, as well as being hung on a tree or "crucified." Indeed, he has been called the "castrated and crucified Attis." Roman reports of the rituals of Cybele record that the son...was first tied to a tree and then buried. Three days later a light was said to appear in the burial tomb, whereupon Attis rose from the dead, bringing salvation with him in his rebirth.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• The Phrygian god Attis's mother was variously called Cybele and Nana. Like the Egyptian goddess Isis and the Christian figure Mary, Nana/Cybele is a perpetual virgin, despite her status as a mother. The scholarly term used to describe virgin birth is "parthenogenesis," while many goddesses are referred to as "Parthenos," the Greek word meaning "virgin." This term is applicable to the Phrygian goddess Cybele/Nana as well. Attis is the son of Cybele in her form as the virgin, Nana, who is impregnated by the divine force in the form of a pomegranate.

IhartU

• The dates of the Catholic calendar are not o be taken as actual dates but a representation of the Christian story. It would be foolish to think that you could take 34 years and sqish them down into one year and all the celebrated dates be the exact dates that the events actually occurred. Add into that that we celebrate dates that happened after those 34 years on that same calendar.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Oh, and Dec 25th had significance of its own, which is why so many were given connections to that day for symbolism's sake.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Honestly I think it was a literary tool that wasn't meant to be taken literally.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• another one that's wrong...Krishna's mom had gotten pregnant and/or given birth 7 times before...i wouldnt call that a virgin haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25th, I believe it was the Catholics who decided many years ago to celebrate Jesus' birth on Dec 25th. We don't know when his actual birthday was.
    Anonymous

• LMAO Hey all you immaculate conception people... you missed the fun part of pregnancy!! LOL

JeremysMom - cool info ;o).... I defiantly need to fact check these... but I still liked it though ;o)
    Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• All five of my siblings and I were conceived by immaculate conception. I refuse to believe my parents ever did the deed. So that makes it so!!!!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2013