Interesting...

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2013 in Religious Debate

• All you virgin birthers are gonna turn into the next crazy cat ladies... Now I know what starts that!!! Going thru all the crap of pregnancy and labor without the fun start is enough to turn anyone pyscho over time... :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2013

• All three of my children were immaculately conceived. I'm just saying.

You don't have to treat me special or anything though
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• It would be interesting if it was actually true statements on each one. For example, Horus was born to a married god. Her husband died (hacked into 14 different pieces). She put all of the pieces back together except for the penis so she constructed one and thus we have Horus. Hmm. I don't think that would be considered a virgin. Also, he had 4 followers that were semi-gods. He did not have 12 disciples. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• I just watched the most interesting show last weekend about how Constantine actually "created" modern day Christianity by fusing it with his Roman Pagan beliefs.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• All five of my siblings and I were conceived by immaculate conception. I refuse to believe my parents ever did the deed. So that makes it so!!!!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• mine were too prissy! immaculate conceptions are so last year.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• another one that's wrong...Krishna's mom had gotten pregnant and/or given birth 7 times before...i wouldnt call that a virgin haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• Mrs_Prissy and tnm, I'm so glad to know I wasn't alone in this! I thought it was only me and the Virgin Mary! Let's start a club! :)
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2013

• The Phrygian god Attis's mother was variously called Cybele and Nana. Like the Egyptian goddess Isis and the Christian figure Mary, Nana/Cybele is a perpetual virgin, despite her status as a mother. The scholarly term used to describe virgin birth is "parthenogenesis," while many goddesses are referred to as "Parthenos," the Greek word meaning "virgin." This term is applicable to the Phrygian goddess Cybele/Nana as well. Attis is the son of Cybele in her form as the virgin, Nana, who is impregnated by the divine force in the form of a pomegranate.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2013

• Attis's passion was celebrated on the 25th of March, exactly nine months before the solstitial festival of his birth, the 25th of December. The time of his death was also the time of his conception, or re-conception.

The myths of Attis's death include him being killed by a boar or by castrating himself under a tree, as well as being hung on a tree or "crucified." Indeed, he has been called the "castrated and crucified Attis." Roman reports of the rituals of Cybele record that the son...was first tied to a tree and then buried. Three days later a light was said to appear in the burial tomb, whereupon Attis rose from the dead, bringing salvation with him in his rebirth.

IhartU